- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 35m
- Cook Time: 25m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 large jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup pale beer or vegetable broth
- 1-28oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1-15oz. can black beans
- 2-15oz. cans dark red kidney beans
- 1-15oz. can pinto beans
- 1-4oz. can diced green chiles
- 1 Tbsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder (if you want your chili spicy, add up to 2 Tbsp. chili powder)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1-16oz. can Rosarita Zesty Salsa refried beans (or other spicy vegetarian refried beans)
This photo is missing a can of dark red kidney beans, a can of pinto beans, and a can of diced green chiles:
Over medium heat, add oil to a deep pot and combine onion, peppers, and garlic. Saute for 3 to 5 minutes to soften vegetables.
Add beer, tomatoes, black beans with liquid, red kidney beans with liquid, pinto beans with liquid, and green chiles and stir to combine.
Season chili with cumin, chili powder, and salt. Thicken chili by stirring in refried beans.
Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Serve bowls of chili topped with shredded Daiya cheese, chopped tomatoes, and green onions. Use blue corn tortilla chips for dipping.