Veggie and Hummus Pita Pocket Pizza2020-04-26
- Servings: 2
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 25m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
- 2 whole wheat pita pockets
- 3 Tbsp. hummus
- handful of spinach leaves
- 1/4 red onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced or pressed
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. Mediterranean Herb Soy Feta (optional)–I buy mine at Whole Foods. If you don’t have any, you can sprinkle a little dried rosemary, oregano, marjoram, and sea salt over your hummus layer for a little extra flavor. But, if you can find it, I highly recommend it! 8-10 green olives, sliced–I used Mezzetta Castelvetrano green olives and sliced the olive off of the pit.
- 1-2 small tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 small zucchini, sliced into half-moons
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Put the red onion, red bell pepper, garlic, and olive oil in a skillet on the stovetop and saute over medium heat for 5 minutes, or until onions are translucent.
Put two pita pockets, bottom side up, on an ungreased baking sheet. Spread 1 1/2 Tbsp. hummus on each pita pocket. Put a layer of spinach down on top of the hummus.
Put a layer of zucchini on top of the spinach, followed by 4 or 5 slices of tomatoes on each pita.
Add a layer of the onion, pepper mixure, followed by the green olives.
Top that with 1 Tbsp. crumbled Soy Feta on each pizza.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes