Vegan “Cheesy” Squash and Potato Casserole2020-04-26
- Servings: 2
- Prep Time: 20m
- Cook Time: 55m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
- 1 lb. squash (I use a combination of zucchini and yellow squash)
- 1 lb. red potatoes
- 1/2 cup onion
- egg substitute equivalent to 1 egg
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 3/4 cup vegan mayonnaise (i.e.Vegenaise)
- 1/3 cup soy Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded vegan Cheddar cheese (I only use Daiya)
- 1/3 cup vegan butter, melted (i.e. Earth Balance)
- 2 cups corn flakes
Peel and dice red potatoes. Put the potatoes in a saucepan of water and boil until soft.
Slice squash into bite-sized pieces and dice onion.
Steam together until soft (5-8 minutes).
To make the sauce, mix egg substitute together, then add vegan mayo, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and soy Parmesan cheese in a bowl until well-blended. Pour cooked onion, squash, and drained potatoes into a 9 x 13 casserole dish. Pour bowl of sauce on top,along with 1/2 cup shredded vegan Cheddar.
Stir together until the vegetables are coated. Pour corn flakes into a bowl and add melted vegan butter. Stir until the corn flakes are coated. Spread the corn flakes on top of the vegetable mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350 F for 30 minutes.