Vegan Burrito Adventures2020-04-26
- Servings: 2
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 5m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
- whole grain tortillas
- 1 tube Gimme Lean Ground Sausage Style veggie protein
- 15oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes (I used Del Monte zesty chili style) or 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup Daiya Cheddar Shreds (or other vegan cheese)
- pepper to taste
- salt to taste (optional)
- hot sauce (optional)
In a skillet, over medium heat, cook Gimme Lean sausage. Add a tablespoon or so of water to the pan in the beginning, and a little more if it starts to stick while cooking the sausage. Break the sausage up with a spatula and keep breaking it up while it cooks, until it’s crumbled into small pieces.
Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally. If you’re like me, you’ll drop your spatula on the floor while you’re waiting… Add 1/4 cup vegan cheese of your choice. Stir until melted.
Heat tortilla in a microwave for 10-15 seconds, or in a skillet on the stovetop over medium heat, for a minute on each side. Spoon 1/2 cup of filling onto tortilla and roll up like a burrito.