Twice Baked Loaded Potato Casserole2020-04-28
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 4 large russet potatoes, peeled
- 1 cup Tofutti Better Than Sour Cream (a.k.a. Sour Supreme)
- 1 cup unsweetened soy milk
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast (nooch)
- 1 package (9 slices) Litelife Smoked Tempeh Fakin’ Bacon, cooked according to package directions and chopped
- 1/2 yellow onion, minced
- 4 Tbsp. Earth Balance
- 2 tsp. salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- paprika, optional
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Cut peeled potatoes in half lengthwise and then cut those pieces into thirds. Put potatoes into a big pot and cover with water. Add 1 tsp. salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, saute the onion in the Earth Balance until translucent.
When the potatoes are done, drain and squeeze them through a potato ricer into a large bowl. If you don’t have a ricer, put the potatoes in a large bowl. In the bowl with the potatoes, add soy milk, sour cream, nooch, pepper, and remaining tsp. of salt and mix with a hand mixer until smooth. (If you used a potato ricer, your potatoes will already be smooth and you can use a spoon to mix the ingredients with the potatoes).
Stir in the onion and Earth Balance mixture, Fakin’ Bacon, and green onion. Pour the potato mixture into a casserole dish and sprinkle paprika on top.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.