- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 25m
- Cook Time: 40m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
- Mashed Potato Top Layer:
- 4 cups leftover mashed potatoes
- 1/2 cup unsweetened soymilk
- Beef Substitue and Vegetable Bottom Layer:
- 1-12 oz. package Boca crumbles or other beef substitute
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 cup frozen, sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 1/2 cup vegan Worcestershire (I used Wizard’s)
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 3 Tbsp. water
- paprika to sprinkle on top
- non-stick spray
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Reheat the mashed potatoes in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring in 1/2 cup unsweetened soymilk. Stir and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, until heated through.
In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, saute onions, garlic, and celery in vegetable oil and water for 10 minutes. Add the carrots and peas and cook over medium heat for 5 more minutes. Stir in the Worcestershire sauce, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Reduce heat to medium-low and add Boca crumbles. Stir and break up the crumbles. Cook for 5 minutes. Spray a 2-quart baking dish with non-stick spray and add the beef substitute/vegetable mixture.
Top with mashed potatoes and smooth out. Sprinkle with paprika.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 30-40 minutes.