Potato and Veggie Casserole
- 4 cups frozen or fresh broccoli, chopped
- 3 cups frozen vegetables of your choice (carrots, peas, corn, etc.)
- 1 lb. potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- egg substitute equivalent to 1 egg
- 1 cup Vegenaise
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/3 cup Earth Balance, melted
- 2 cups corn flakes
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Put the potatoes in a saucepan of water and boil until soft. Steam the broccoli, frozen veggies, and onion until soft (5-8 minutes).
To make the sauce, mix egg substitute with water (according to package directions) and then add Vegenaise, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and nutritional yeast. Mix until well blended.
Pour cooked onion, veggies, and drained potatoes into a 9×13 casserole dish.
Pour bowl of sauce on top. Stir together until the vegetables are coated.
Pour corn flakes into a bowl and add melted Earth Balance. Stir until the corn flakes are coated. Spread the corn flakes on top of the vegetable mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
This dinner was so good, I did a happy dance.
…Or maybe it was a rain dance.