Mexican Black Bean Soup
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 qt. (4 cups) low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 2-15 oz. cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast (nooch)
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
In a large skillet, saute onion and bell pepper in oil over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add garlic and saute for 2 minutes. Add the rest of the ingredients, except the cilantro. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 45 minutes.
When the soup is done cooking, stir the cilantro in.
Garnish with chopped avocado, Better Than Sour Cream mixed with taco seasoning, and crumbled tortilla chips.