Copycat Fresh Choice Strawberry Fields Spinach Salad with Poppy-Sesame Seed Vinaigrette Dressing
Inspired by Fresh Choice’s Strawberry Fields Spinach Salad with Poppy-Sesame Seed Vinaigrette Dressing
Makes 4 big salads or 8 small salads
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/8 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/8 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3/8 cup agave syrup/nectar
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. diced red onion
- 2 Tbsp. sesame seeds
- 1/2 Tbsp. poppy seeds
*Note: This photo is supposed to have that red onion sitting on the cutting board with the rest of the ingredients. Oops.
Add all ingredients, except poppy seeds, to a blender and blend for 30 seconds to one minute. The sesame seeds get ground up and make a nice thickener for the dressing. Pour the dressing into a salad dressing container. Add the poppy seeds and stir to combine or put the lid on and shake to combine. Set aside.
- 12 medium to large strawberries, thinly sliced (or 2 cups of thinly sliced strawberries)
- 2- 5.5 oz. bags prepackaged salad mix with spring mix and baby spinach or 11 oz. spring mix and baby spinach
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
Put the salad mix, strawberries, and almonds in a large salad bowl. Right before serving, add the salad dressing and toss to combine. I used about 1 cup of dressing, so it would taste like it did at Fresh Choice’s buffet, but you could use less.