Fooled You Baked Ziti
- 1 lb. ziti, preferably whole wheat
- 2 Field Roast Italian Sausage links
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1 zucchini, sliced in half-moon shapes
- 4 oz. (1/2 container) Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese
- 1- 1 lb.10oz. jar pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast (nooch)
- 1/2 cup Daiya Mozzarella Style Shreds
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Cook pasta according to package directions.
**A note about the pasta–whole wheat is preferable, but I couldn’t find whole wheat ziti in the grocery store where I was shopping.**
In the meantime, steam the zucchini for 4 to 6 minutes. Put the sausage in a skillet with the water and cook over medium heat for 3 minutes, while breaking up with a spatula.
Mix the pasta sauce with the cream cheese and nooch. It’s okay if there are a few lumps of cream cheese.
Drain the pasta and pour it into a 9×13 baking dish. Add the sausage and zucchini and stir to combine. Pour the sauce mixture over the top of the noodle mixture. Smooth it out and sprinkle the Daiya cheese over the top.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.