The Best Twice Baked Potatoes
- 4 large russet potatoes, washed
- 1 cup vegan sour cream (I used Tofutti Better Than Sour Cream a.k.a. Sour Supreme)
- 1 cup unsweetened soy milk
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 6 slices Litelife Smoked Tempeh Fakin’ Bacon, cooked according to package directions and chopped
- 1/2 yellow onion, minced
- 4 Tbsp. Earth Balance
- salt and pepper, to taste
- paprika, optional
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Pierce potatoes with a knife or fork. Wrap in tin foil and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 1 hour. When the potaotes are done, allow to cool for 15-30 minutes, until they’re cool enough to handle.
Meanwhile, saute the onion in the Earth Balance until translucent.
Slice potatoes in half lengthwise. Holding the potato, scrape out the flesh and put it in a large bowl.
Be careful not to scrape all the way through the skin. I had one potato skin casualty and another that was barely hanging on.
In the bowl with the potato flesh, add soy milk, sour cream, nutritional yeast, salt, and pepper and mix with a hand mixer until smooth.
Stir in the onion and Earth Balance mixture, Fakin’ Bacon, and green onion.
Fill the potato skins with the potato mixture and place on a baking sheet. Sprinkle the tops with paprika (optional). Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
I had some potato mixture left over, so I put it in a casserole dish and baked it alongside the potatoes.
These twice baked potatoes were restaurant quality. I kid you not.